Fire breaks out at Carteret County restaurant – WITN

Restaurant News
image

BEAUFORT, N.C. (WITN) – A fire broke out at the Spouter Inn Restaurant and Bakery in Beaufort Sunday morning, according to Town of Beaufort PIO Rachel Johnson.

The structure fire was reported around 5:09 a.m. on Front Street, says Johnson. The Spouter Inn, along with at least two other businesses and an apartment, were affected.

The building is considered a total loss. Everyone was evacuated from the building, and no injuries have been reported. The business’s website says it has been open for over 30 years.

At least seven residents have been displaced, says Johnson. The Salvation Army is on scene assisting.

Firefighters with Beaufort Fire Department responded along with multiple other agencies to put out the blaze.

As of around 10 a.m., the fire is still active. The Town of Beaufort is asking residents to stay clear of the area and have blocked the area of Turner Street, Moore Street, and Orange Street as crews continue to battle the fire.

WITN will update as we receive more information.

Source: Thanks https://www.witn.com/content/news/Fire-breaks-out-at-Carteret-County-restaurant-566416401.html