Asda launches its first vegan range with 48 products including ‘duckless spring rolls’ and a ‘butternut mac & cheese’ – and prices start at just £1.50
- Asda has launched a vegan range with 48 products – prices start at just £1.50
- Supermarkets and restaurant chains are rushing to cash in on rise of veganism
- Highlights include ‘No-zzorella Sticks’ (£2.25) ‘Duckless Spring Rolls’ (£2.25)
Asda has become the latest supermarket to join the vegan bandwagon and unveiled a range of 48 plant-based products.
The British supermarket rolled out its own-label range in time for Veganuary – an international movement that encourages shoppers to adopt a plant-based diet for the month – and claims it is cheaper than any of its competitors.
Standout products include the ‘No-zzorella Sticks’ (£2.25) and the ‘Duckless Spring Rolls’ (£2.25).
Go green! Asda has become the latest supermarket to join the vegan bandwagon and unveiled a range of 48 plant-based products. Pictured, some of the Asda products including the Falafel Burger (£1.75), the vegan pizza (£1.50) and the Tofu burritos (£2.50)
The most expensive items on the menu are priced at £2.50, including the Plant Based Green Thai Curry and Plant Based Sweet Potato Katsu Curry.
It comes as British supermarkets and restaurant chains rush to cash in on the rise of vegan diets, with KFC, Costa, Waitrose and Marks & Spencer among the big-name brands releasing plant-based offerings this month.
Asda’s range is made largely from mushroom-based meat-alternatives, including meat-free mince, burgers, sausages and meatballs, rather than the soy used in some vegan products.
Standout products include the ‘Duckless Spring Rolls’ (£2.25), left, and the Spaghetti & Veggie Balls (£2.50), right. The supermarket aimed to make the range as affordable as possible
Plant-based perfection! Highlights from Asda’s new vegan range
- Meat Free Burger: The ultimate quarter pounder style burger, made with mushroom, eats like meat. Price.
- Smoky Tofu Burrito: Bursting with warming flavours, juicy tofu and vibrant vegetables, the Smoky Tofu Burrito is a delicious plant-based meal.
- Duckless Spring Rolls: perfect for pairing with a portion of rice noodles.
- Dirty Fries: Smothered in a tangy, non-dairy creamy sauce, the potato fries are dripping in flavour. Topped with lashings of cheddar alternative and Roquito chilli peppers.
- Sweet Potato Katsu Curry: Mild, creamy and a tasty meat-free alternative to a British favourite dish.
- Cheese’ and Chive Potato Skins: Oozing with melted cheese alternative and sprinkle of fragrant chives.
- Tomato & Halloumi Balls: They’re perfectly paired with the Plant Based Lentil Fusilli Ragu to create a meat-free take on a British staple.
- Butternut Mac: A creamy, plant-based alternative to Mac and Cheese, this dish is made with butternut squash.
- Cauliflower Tikka Masala: Slightly spiced, creamy and a heavenly delight for vegans, vegetarians and meat-eaters alike.
- Mushroom Arancini: Brimming with succulent mushrooms, cheese alternative and risotto, the balls are battered in breadcrumbs.
- Falafel Burgers: Made from ground chickpeas and fava beans, this is a delicious dish for those with a desire for a crispy burger.
- Tomato and Pesto Flatbread: Get a pizza the action with Asda’s new Tomato and Pesto Flatbread Pizza
Its creators claim these are more nutritious and healthier while giving customers a meaty and savoury, umami taste.
Julie Wild, Own Brand Strategy Manager at Asda said: ‘The demand for plant based products is growing at a rapid rate, but it can be challenging for customers to find diverse, high-quality, and inexpensive options on the market.
‘The new Asda Plant Based range with 48 new products to choose from – all approved by the vegan society – has been designed to offer something for everyone, at affordable prices.
Asda have also made all trays and sleeves packaging found in the Plant Based range is 100 per cent recyclable.
|PLANT BASED LENTIL FUSILLI||£1.75|
|PLANT BASED TOMATO & PESTO FLATBREAD||£1.75|
|PLANT BASED CHARGRILLED VEG FLATBREAD||£1.75|
|PLANT BASED BEETROOT FALAFEL||£1.75|
|PLANT BASED FALAFEL BURGER||£1.75|
|PLANT BASED TOMATO & HALLOUMI BALLS||£1.75|
|PLANT BASED QUINOA & VEG WARM SALAD||£1.50|
|PLANT BASED ASIAN STYLE WARM SALAD||£1.50|
|PLANT BASED CAULIFLOWER POPCORN||£1.50|
|ASDA PLANT BASED BEAN BURGER||£1.50|
|ASDA PLANT BASED Vegetable & Hummus VEGAN PIZZA||£1.50|
|ASDA PLANT BASED NUT CUTLET||£1.00|
|ASDA PLANT BASED NUGGETS||£1.50|
|ASDA PLANT BASED FINGERS||£1.75|
|ASDA PLANT BASED BURGERS||£1.75|
|ASDA PLANT BASED MINCE||£1.50|
|ASDA PLANT BASED MEATBALLS||£1.75|
|ASDA PLANT BASED CHICKEN||£1.50|
|ASDA PLANT BASED BURGERS||£1.75|
|ASDA PLANT BASED Butternut Squash & Chickpea Curry||£1.50|
|ASDA PLANT BASED Spaghetti Bolognese||£1.50|
|ASDA PLANT BASED Red Pepper Burger||£1.75|
|ASDA PLANT BASED Mushroom Risotto||£1.50|
|ASDA PLANT BASED Chargrilled Vegetable Gnocchi||£1.50|
|ASDA PLANT BASED VEG SAUSAGE||£1.50|
|ASDA PLANT BASED QUARTER POUNDER BURGER||£1.50|
|ASDA PLANT BASED CHEESE AND ONION BURGER||£1.50|
|Plant Based Soya Spgahetti Bolognese||£2.50|
|Plant Based Butternut Mac||£2.50|
|Plant Based Rainbow Veg Stew||£2.50|
|Plant Based Lentil Cottage Pie||£2.50|
|Plant Based Veg Gnocchi||£2.50|
|Plant Based Spaghetti & Veggie Balls||£2.50|
|Plant Based Three Bean Chilli & Rice||£2.50|
|Plant Based Burrito Bowl||£2.50|
|Plant Based Butternut Squash & Tomato Risotto||£2.50|
|Plant Based Tikka Masala||£2.50|
|Plant Based Green Thai Curry||£2.50|
|Plant Based Sweet Potato Katsu Curry||£2.50|
|Plant Based Tofu Burrito||£2.50|
|Plant Based Mushroom Aranchini||£2.25|
|Plant Based Cheese & Chive Potato Skins||£2.25|
|Plant Based No-zzorella Sticks||£2.25|
|Plant Based Duckless Spring Rolls||£2.25|
|Plant Based Dirty Fries||£2.25|
|Asda Plant based mince||£1.97|
|Asda Plant based sausages||£1.97|
|Asda Plant based meatballs||£1.97|
|Asda Plant based burger||£1.97|
Source: Thanks https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-7861765/Asda-launch-vegan-range-48-new-products.html