- Atmosphere, at the top of the Burj Khalifa in Dubai, is the world’s highest restaurant.
- Located 442 meters above the ground on the 123rd floor, it was literally high on my to-do list when visiting Dubai recently.
- Despite doing my research in advance, it was surprisingly difficult to find, and I was caught out by the pricey minimum spend requirements — my first attempt to frequent Atmosphere’s lounge failed.
- However, when I finally made it, I had a great time and was pleasantly surprised that it wasn’t stuffy or pretentious.
- The drinks are expensive, but still cheaper than a ticket to the Burj Khalifa’s observation deck (prices start from $40), and you get practically the same view.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
I am not someone who does things “off the cuff.” I do not tend to “wing” anything.
No, I am a planner, organized to a T, and always do my research — never more so than when abroad.
But even I required two attempts to visit Dubai’s most famous bar and restaurant, Atmosphere, successfully.
A sizeable 442 meters above the ground at the top of the Burj Khalifa, a visit to the world’s highest restaurant was, well, high on my to-do list when visiting Dubai at the end of 2019.
Naturally, I did my due diligence and discovered that not only does the formal restaurant have a minimum spend that made it out of my price range (800 AED ($220) per person for a window table at dinner), but the slightly more informal lounge has a minimum spend at various times of the day too (350 AED ($95) per person for a window table at dinner).
Unsurprisingly, there was a dress code: “smart/elegant” for the restaurant, “smart/casual” for the lounge, and a list of prohibited items of clothing including “trainers, caps, T-shirts, sports clothing, shorts, open shoes for men, and flip-flops for women.”
While you can technically go slightly higher than Atmosphere to the Burj Khalifa observation deck, many people had told me, and Business Insider’s Harrison Jacobs had previously reported, that it’s “a colossal waste of time.”
You can admire the same view from Atmosphere, people said, and for the price of the 149 AED ($40) observation deck entry fee, you can get yourself a drink to enjoy. So that was my plan.
Source: Thanks https://www.insider.com/atmosphere-worlds-highest-restaurant-what-it-is-like-review-dubai-2020-2