A Sydney mum has shared her outrage after discovering a cake her husband bought her turned out to be so mouldy it was completely green.
The woman, who says the cake was purchased from a Michel’s Patisserie in Sydney’s south west, shared images of it on Facebook.
In the video above: ‘World’s healthiest chocolate cake’ recipe
“We cut into the cake Sunday night and this is what we found,” the woman wrote on Tuesday, adding the cake was meant to be a vanilla sponge.
“That green stuff you can see is mould, the inside of the cake was completely green.
“I nearly gagged when I placed it on my plate and dust came from it.
“It completely broke apart as if nothing was holding together but the icing.”
The woman said the cake was refrigerated just 20 minutes after it was bought and that she and her 11-month-old daughter had a taste of the icing just two days before.
The mum said she contacted the owner but didn’t receive an apology, however, was offered a refund.
She then contacted the food group and later spoke to the general manager who also offered a refund and a $50 voucher.
“She did apologise but after going to bed I realised this could have been a child doing a cake smash,” she wrote.
The post on Facebook has since been shared thousands of times, garnering plenty of reactions from other social media users.
“How revolting,” one person wrote.
“I wonder how old the cake was,” another person wrote.
“That is disgusting.”
A Michel’s Patisserie spokesperson told 7NEWS.com.au the incident was a “one-off isolated occurrence”.
“This cake was delivered by the supplier to the store less than 24 hours before it was sold,” the spokesperson said.
More on 7NEWS.com.au
“It was already fully decorated, meaning the store owner was unable to see the inside of the cake before it was sold.
“Despite this cake being a popular product with hundreds sold every day, there have been no other incidents identified in the network.
“Our number one priority remains customer safety and quality and we are working with this supplier to ensure that this does not happen again.”
Source: Thanks https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/food/sydney-mum-finds-michels-patisserie-cake-completely-covered-in-mould-c-716714