Combining the best of both worlds – creamy vanilla cake and indulgent chocolate sponge. The secret is to have the same consistency for both batters. Drizzle with melted white and milk chocolate for an irresistible and indulgent favourite.
Prep time: 25 minutes | Cooking time: 50 minutes
For the marble ring cake
- 350g unsalted butter
- 350g golden caster sugar
- 7-8 medium eggs, beaten (weigh the eggs to ensure you have the same weight as the butter and sugar: 350g)
- 4 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 315g self-raising flour
- 120ml milk
- 35g cocoa powder
For the decoration
- 200g white chocolate, melted
- 200g milk chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 190C/ 170C fan/Gas 5 and grease and flour a 25cm Bundt tin (or use quick-release spray).
- To begin the cake, cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until pale and fluffy. Add the beaten eggs slowly until fully incorporated.
- Divide the mixture between two bowls. Stir the vanilla bean paste into one of the bowls and then fold in 175g of the flour – add milk as necessary to achieve a dropping consistency.
- To the other bowl, add the remaining flour and the cocoa, sifted together. Add milk as necessary to achieve a dropping consistency.
- Transfer the batters to separate large piping bags and snip off the ends with scissors (or use tablespoons to fill the tin).
- Deposit both the vanilla and chocolate cake batter into the tin until just over half full. Swirl with a skewer to achieve a marbling effect.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until risen and golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin on a wire rack until cool. Turn out and place on a cake plate.
- To decorate, drizzle first with the melted white chocolate and then with the melted milk chocolate for a simple but effective marble cake to share with family and friends.
- The cake is best eaten on the day it is made, but can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature and eaten within two days.
Recipe from Everyday Bakes to Showstopper Cakes by Mich Turner (Frances Lincoln, £20). Order your copy for £16.99 from books.telegraph.co.uk
Source: Thanks https://www.telegraph.co.uk/recipes/0/marble-ring-cake-double-chocolate-drip-recipe/