Today I wanted to compile a list of local restaurants that are open and providing meals for take-out.
This is not a complete list, partially because some establishments were not reachable when I phoned, so I apologize to any businesses that are serving the public but that I didn’t include. Please contact me at [email protected] if you’d like to be included on an updated list and I would be happy to add your information I also will do a separate installment featuring local farms, markets, and food stores.
As much as I enjoy the idea of many more of us cooking at home and from scratch, I believe it’s also important that we continue to support our local business so they are still around when this situation is resolved.
Many restaurants won’t be able to remain open without assistance of some kind, both immediately and down the line, but in the meantime, you can help keep them afloat by mixing your daily cooking with ordering in. I was also heartened to hear how many places are offering family-style meals, which can be a real bargain, and also donating meals to local families in need. Most of the restaurant managers and owners I spoke to are very eager for your business and have been overwhelmed by the kindness and generosity of their customers reaching out. With that in mind, here are a few tips for this new version of ordering-in:
1. Try to tip generously, even though there is no wait or bartender service. Even while they are open, many business owners are struggling to pay their staff, especially if customer traffic is lower than usual. Tipping generously is one way you can support them, purchasing gift cards is another way to help offset immediate costs.
2. Have your credit card ready when you order over the phone, most places are not taking cash, or prefer not to take cash, for obvious reasons.
3. Most places will provide curbside pick-up if you ask. Just make sure to stay in your car if you are doing curbside, call when you’ve arrived and roll down the window so the food can just be placed inside of your car.
4. A lot of menus are limited and items can sell out, so better to call earlier in the day if you know you want to do take-out for dinner, and just provide a time when you will be picking up.
5. Many places are selling bottles of wine from their cellar at a reasonable price and also have been allowed by the state to sell alcoholic beverages and cocktails to-go (it’s like we’re living in New Orleans, people!).
6. Please practice patient. I have heard some people gripe about wait times at curbside, confusion with their orders, that kind of thing. I urge you to try a little tenderness. Many establishments are working with a shoestring staff (one chef, one prep cook, one manager/cashier). We are all learning as we go (case in point, I was never trained to be a homeschooling parent and yet, here we are), and it might take a few bumps for businesses to learn how to operate this new business model.
8 Mine Brook Road, Bernardsville
-Take-out and some local delivery
-Hours: Daily 8am-9pm
-Regular menu is on-line and they are also offering a family meal, which serves 4-6 people for $39.95 and for example can include bbq chicken, pasta, and a salad.
*The owners are also donating meals for those in need, call if you would like more information. Also, when you purchase your own meal you can make a donation and the money will be put into an account for those who cannot purchase their own meal.
BISTRO SEVEN THREE
73 Mine Brook Road, Bernardsville
-Take-out (15% off all orders)
-Hours: Tuesday-Saturday noon-8pm; Sunday 3pm-8pm
-Daily menu is on-line and there is also a family menu which is $60 for 4 people and includes chicken farm or bistro chicken, penne vodka or marinara, Caesar or house salad, bread, and a dessert sampler (they recommend calling an 1.5 hour ahead of time for family orders).
121 Claremont Road, Bernardsville
-Hours: Daily from 11:30am-8pm
-Full menu is on-line but call for specials and the soup of the day. They are also selling alcoholic beverages to go.
THE COFFEE SHOP
23 Olcott Square, Bernardsville
-Take-out and delivery (local only)
-Hours: Daily 6am-3pm
-Full menu is available and on their Facebook page.
80 Morristown Road, Bernardsville
-Take-out and some local delivery ($35 minimum plus a $5 delivery charge)
-Hours: Daily 11am-8pm
-Full menu is available and on-line, call to see if there any changes.
MONTEREY FINE FOODS
167 Morristown Road, Bernardsville
-Take-out and some local delivery
-Hours: Daily 10am-4pm
-Daily menu is on-line and you can call for specials. They are also selling stocks and sauces, beer/wine/spirits, and some grocery items.
107 Morristown Road, Bernardsville
-Take-out and some local delivery
-Hours: Daily 4pm-8pm
-There is a limited menu and it’s available on their website. All orders are picked up next door at Nicoletta (which is presently not taking pizza orders). They have also created a special menu for Easter.
141 Main Street, Peapack-Gladstone
-Hours: Monday-Friday 11:30-2pm (lunch) 4pm-7:30pm (dinner); Saturday-Sunday 4pm-7:30pm
-Full menu available on their website. Call for daily specials, there is one fish and meat special every day.
12 Lackawanna Avenue, Peapack-Gladstone
-Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 4pm-8pm
-Full menu is available and on-line or on their Instagram account.
13-35 Lackawanna Street, Peapack-Gladstone
-Hours: Daily 11am-9pm
-Full menu of pizzas, pasta, salads, and sandwiches is available.
271 Main Street, Peapack- Gladstone
-Hours: Daily 6am-2pm
-Full menu is available and is on their Facebook and Instagram account, as well as Google.
359 US-202, Bedminster
-Hours Monday-Saturday 4-8pm and they start taking orders at 1pm; there is also a pick-up for wine, call 908-658-9292
-There is a partial regular menu that is on-line, as well as a family menu. The family menu is $55 and serves 4 people. Meals may include, roast chicken, fingerling potatoes, and broccoli.
THE BUTLER’S PANTRY TRACKSIDE
57 US-202, Far Hills
-Take-out; local delivery on request
-Hours: Monday-Saturday 7:30am-2pm; Monday-Friday 4:30pm-7pm
-Full menu is on-line and on their Instagram account; there is a special quiche of the day, this Thursday there will be prime rib.
285 Main Street, Bedminster
-Hours: Daily 11am-7pm
-There is a limited menu and it’s on-line. They are also selling some grocery items like cold cuts and eggs.
2472 Lamington Road, Bedminster
-Hours: Monday-Friday 11:30-8pm; Saturday and Sunday 5-8pm
-Full menu is on-line and includes appetizers, salads, pasta and entrees.
WHITE BIRCH RESTAURANT
308 US-206, Flanders
-Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 3-6pm (they start taking orders at noon and stop by 5pm or when they sell out).
*Family Dinner is $54 and will feed 4-6 people; there are several options for your entree, for example: roasted pork loin, angus meat loaf, and baked citrus salmon, and sides like truffle herb polenta.There are optional sides like grilled caesar salad and desserts like a dozen chocolate chip cookies.
-Menu is normally posted on-line but you can also call to hear the me
Source: Thanks https://www.newjerseyhills.com/bernardsville_news/news/everything-food-eating-out-from-home/article_22b665ad-3a33-572a-b614-01641e2d9677.html