Jamie Oliver was back giving us recipe inspiration on tonight’s Keep Cooking and Carry On.
After impressing us with his bread making skills last night and his handy two ingredient pasta earlier in the week, the TV chef got crafty with an easy risotto and eggless chocolate cake – what a treat.
First off, Jamie demonstrated how to make the risotto, which can be made using just an onion, rice and stock, before walking us through a delicious pudding.
Want to get involved and give these a go at home? Well look no further, as we’ve got the recipes for you below.
Ingredients for the eggless chocolate cake:
- 200 g soft unsalted butter , plus extra for greasing
- 200 g hazelnuts
- 200 g quality dark chocolate
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 200 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 200 g golden caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4. Grease and line a deep non-stick 25cm x 25cm tray with greaseproof paper. If you don’t have a non-stick tray, simply grease what you’ve got and dust it lightly with flour before lining with the paper.
- Blitz the nuts in a food processor until fine.
- With the processor still running, snap in the chocolate, then add the butter, followed by the flour and a pinch of sea salt.
- Pour in the milk, then add the sugar, letting the processor do all the work bringing it together.
- Once smooth and combined, use a spatula to help you tip the mixture into your lined tray, spreading it out evenly.
- Bake for 18 minutes on the middle shelf of the oven, or until crispy and spongy at the edges, but still a bit gooey and wobbly in the middle.
- Now, you can either serve it warm with an extra grating of chocolate, some fresh fruit and a dollop of yoghurt, a scoop of ice cream or even custard, and enjoy it like a pudding. Or, let it cool into more of a gooey brownie.
Ingredients for risotto:
- 1 litre vegetable stock , (a stock cube is fine)
- 1 onion
- 1 stick of celery
- olive oil
- 2 knobs of unsalted butter
- 300 g risotto rice
- 125 ml white wine , optional
- 300 g mixed frozen green veg, such as spinach, green beans and peas
- 60 g freshly grated Parmesan cheese , plus extra for sprinkling
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon , optional
- Bring the stock to a simmer in a pan on a low heat. Peel the onion, trim the celery, then finely chop or coarsely grate them.
- Put 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 knob of butter, plus the onion and celery into a high-sided pan on a low heat. Season lightly with sea salt and black pepper and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the veg is soft but not coloured.
- Turn up the heat to medium, add the rice and stir for 2 minutes, so it sucks up all the lovely flavour. If using, pour in the wine and stir until absorbed.
- Add a ladleful of hot stock, stir, and wait until it’s been fully absorbed before adding more. Cook for 16 to 18 minutes, adding more stock every minute or so and stirring regularly, until the rice is al dente. This means it should be soft and a pleasure to eat, but still holding its shape.
- About 5 minutes before your rice is ready, stir in the frozen veg to cook through.
- Now, your risotto needs to be slightly looser than you want it to be, as it will thicken as it sits, so add an extra ladleful of stock. Turn off the heat, stir or beat in the remaining butter and the Parmesan, then season to perfection.
- Pop the lid on and let it sit for 2 minutes before serving. The most important thing is that the risotto is always oozy.
- Finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, an extra grating of cheese and, if you’ve got it, a tiny squeeze of lemon juice per portion.
Jamie shares all his recipes from each episode on his website, which you can find here.
Keep Cooking and Carry On airs weekdays at 5.30pm on Channel 4.
Got a story?
If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.
Source: Thanks https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/25/jamie-oliver-shows-make-basic-risotto-chocolate-cake-no-eggs-12456729/