Since the City of Dallas issued its shelter-in-place order, Dallasites across the city are trying to figure out how to support their favorite restaurants while stuck indoors.
That’s especially challenging for vegans and vegetarians, whose options for dining out are more limited than ever. Fortunately, there are still plenty of Dallas restaurants serving killer veg takeout, all of which can be eaten without having to get out of the car.
Use the list below as an extensive guide to everything from vegetarian dumplings to pizza and breakfast options.
- Monkey King Noodle House — Offering several vegan and/or vegetarian dumplings and noodles available for touch-less pickup or delivery via UberEats or Caviar.
- Nori Handroll Bar — Open after a brief hiatus with to-go offerings that include avocado, cucumber, Japanese yam and marinated squash cut rolls are available via GrubHub, Uber Eats, DoorDash or Caviar. Or save 20% by picking your order up curbside.
- Tiki Loco Deep Ellum — Offering vegan and gluten-free food (including brunch all day) via ChowNow or Uber Eats for delivery, or for curbside pickup by calling 469-399-7997.
- Commissary — Produce boxes, salads, bagels, wine, beer and even cakes are available at Commissary downtown for pickup or free delivery within an 8-mile radius. Call 214-827-2927 to order.
- Gather Kitchen — Offering meal kits and meal prep to go or via delivery.
East Dallas, Lakewood & Lake Highlands
- Hello Dumpling — Offering vegetarian dumplings and soups available for pickup or delivery via Caviar.
- Mot Hai Ba — Vegetarian items include garlic noodles, tofu banh mis, tofu vermicelli bowls and veggie pho. Available for delivery within 3 miles, via Caviar or Favor or by calling the restaurant for pickup: 972-638-7468.
- Original ChopShop — Offering free delivery of tons of vegan and vegetarian options like the tofu curry bowl, with $20 minimum orders on originalchopshop.com.
- Petra & The Beast — Offering several vegetarian and vegan options like beet salad, mushroom balls and larder goods available for curbside pickup or free delivery within 3 miles. Call 318-935-0906 to order.
- Unleavened — For healthy vegan and vegetarian options, Unleavened Fresh Kitchen is offering online ordering, free delivery via Uber Eats and pickup.
- Mellow Mushroom — The 4 DFW area locations are offering takeout (including beer and wine) with 10% off pickup orders and free delivery where applicable. They’ve also got a Veg Heads pack for $29.99 available with hummus, regular Enlightened salad, large Great White pizza, and a chocolate chip cookie.
- Three Egg Muffins — Offering sweet and savory vegetarian muffins, hot and cold drinks and bubble teas for to-go, or delivery via Uber Eats, DoorDash and GrubHub.
- Wabi House — Offering to-go or delivery of vegetarian ramen, veggie appetizers and more. Call 469-779-6474 or 214-659-2204 to order.
North Dallas, Richardson, Plano, Allen & McKinney
- Flower Child — Offering lots of vegan and vegetarian options like the popular Mother Earth bowl, available at a 35% discount when ordered to-go via their app. Beer and wine is 50% off when you call ahead to pick up.
- Modern Market — Offering vegan, vegetarian and veg-friendly salads, pizzas, sandwiches and more. Order at modern market.com with code SAVERESTAURANTS for 30% off pickup or delivery.
- Nunos Tacos — Offering I-can’t-believe-it’s-vegan Mexican comfort food via Uber Eats or curbside pickup.
- Sushi de Handroll — It’s hard to find vegetarian sushi but not impossible. Sushi de Handroll offers several delicious options for vegetarians including their new mosaic sushi creation. Free delivery within three miles, or 20% off pickup orders, including sake or beer.
- Viridescent Kitchen — Gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan food and baked goods (like cupcakes, macUNcheese and meatless-loaf) for curbside pickup or delivery. Order online at viridescentkitchen.com and call 214-297-2334 upon arrival. Hours are now limited to 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Spiral Diner — The vegan cafe and bakery in Dallas, Denton and Fort Worth is offering to-go and pickup orders plus delivery via DoorDash.
- Vegan Food House — Offering takeout via phone or online ordering.
- Cosmic Cafe — Offering vegetarian food with Indian and Mediterranean flavors for pickup. Call 214 521 6157 to order.
- Cutie Pies Pizza — Offering vegan cheese- and veggie-topped pies via Favor, GrubHub, Uber Eats, DoorDash and Caviar or on cutiepiespizza.com for pickup.
- Foxtrot Market — Offering grab-and-go vegetarian and vegan goods, plus ice cream, coffee, meals like the Buddha Bowl and more, while donating 10% of delivery sales to the North Texas Food Bank.
Know of a great vegan- or vegetarian-friendly restaurant now offering delivery and/or takeout? Email us at [email protected]
Source: Thanks https://dallas.eater.com/2020/3/30/21196923/best-vegan-vegetarian-dallas-takeout-during-coronavirus-pandemic