AUSTIN, Texas — Austin bakery Easy Tiger is hosting a community challenge to help feed locals in need during the coronavirus pandemic.
The bakeshop and beer garden is matching every loaf of bread purchased to help feed Central Texans who are struggling during the outbreak.
Easy Tiger said it is committed to baking 10,000 loaves for the community for the next 60 days.
Easy Tiger is working with Central Texas Food Bank, Keep Austin Fed, Drive a Senior Central Texas and Mobile Loaves & Fishes to provide baked goods to the public.
Customers are able to donate a “community loaf” for $3 whether they live in Austin or not. Easy Tiger baked goods are available to locals through curbside pickup or delivery. If you’d like to donate, visit www.easytigerusa.com.
- Starbucks employees will be paid for next 30 days whether they go to work or not
- H-E-B updates purchasing limits for products, here’s what you need to know
- Nonprofit that helps keep kids fed sees increase in need during coronavirus pandemic
- Central Texas Meals on Wheels volunteers now delivering a week’s worth of lunches to seniors every Friday
- Coronavirus: Austin woman donating to local doctors, turns focus to New York City
- Russell Wilson and Ciara donate 1 million meals to Seattle food bank
- Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively donate $1 million to food banks for coronavirus relief
WATCH: Coronavirus in Austin, Texas: How is the city protecting nursing home patients with COVID-19?
Source: Thanks https://www.kvue.com/article/life/heartwarming/easy-tiger-bakery-feeding-locals-during-coronavirus-pandemic/269-7904f60a-9f7a-49cc-8fdb-ae26775ff3cc