“It’s unprecedented how the numbers have suddenly gone down after Thursday’s event in Delhi. We reviewed them — it’s down by 30%,” said a founder of a leading hyperlocal delivery startup. Another person at one of the leading food delivery firms said the impact of the Delhi incident was felt more in Delhi-NCR compared to south India. “Especially, pizza orders are down. People are just being more cautious for now, but we hope it will pick up,” this person added.
One of the delivery boys of startup Dunzo told TOI he had got only three orders by Friday afternoon, which typically is around 10 by that time. “There are fewer tasks so far after the Delhi incident. My colleagues are also seeing fewer orders,” he added.
Food delivery order volumes have significantly gone down during the lockdown compared to days before the virus outbreak. But the volumes are starting to slowly grow on a weekly basis. TOI reported earlier in the week that Swiggy has seen 50-70% growth in order volumes compared to the first week of lockdown when orders fell by over 80%.
“Order volumes fluctuate very widely every day. We continue to urge our customers to only order food when they absolutely need to,” a spokesperson of Zomato said. Swiggy declined to comment.
“Grocery orders are not impacted as much but there is a direct impact on food orders in the last one day,” the co-founder of another Bengaluru-based delivery startup said. “As far as order volumes are concerned, we are at business-as-usual (BAU) at the moment,” a spokesperson of Dunzo said.
Source: Thanks https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/infected-pizza-boy-e-orders-drop-30/articleshow/75211567.cms