Escobar Restaurant and Tapas Lounge, one of Atlanta’s go-to restaurants for the celebrity elite, has said that they will be reopening on Monday, after being closed during the coronavirus pandemic.
Gov. Brian Kemp has said that restaurants and movie theaters are permitted to reopen with strict social distancing guidelines beginning Monday.
According to restaurant co-owner Mychel “Snoop” Dillard, the Castleberry Hill eatery, located at 327 Peters Street, SW, will be following the guidelines established by state officials, along with setting up other procedures to ensure safety.
“In addition to Governor’s guidelines, we will continue to come up with measures to protect our staff and patrons alike,” Dillard said. “This is a huge priority for us. This will be an ongoing thing.”
Among the safety precautions the restaurant will be practicing include:
- Dillard will be on-site daily.
- Infrared thermometers will be used for staff members when they clock in for work. If their temperatures are high, they will not be allowed to work.
- Each staff member will wear gloves at all times. Being seen without gloves will result in termination.
- Anyone showing signs of COVID-19 will be sent home and not be permitted to return to work until providing proof of a negative test.
- All cooks will wear masks. Failure to do so will result in termination.
- Patrons will be seated where they are able to practice social distancing.
- Messages will be posted stating that the restaurant reserves the right to refuse service to anyone displaying signs of COVID-19.
While many businesses are reopening on Friday and Monday in conjunction with plans established by the governor’s office, others have suggested that they want to wait — citing scientific data that indicates that the move by Kemp is too early.
RELATED: Reopening begins today | Coronavirus in Georgia real-time updates
More recent scientific modeling indicates that Georgia should wait until June 22 before reopening its businesses to the public following the peak of the pandemic.
11Alive is focusing our news coverage on the facts and not the fear around the virus. We want to keep you informed about the latest developments while ensuring that we deliver confirmed, factual information.
We will track the most important coronavirus elements relating to Georgia on this page. Refresh often for new information.
MORE CORONAVIRUS HEADLINES |
Don’t inject disinfectants, Lysol warns as President Trump raises idea
President Trump expected to sign $500B aid bill as US virus cases near 870K
What are Georgia’s ‘Minimum Basic Operations’ meant to keep business activity safe?
Georgia begins the reopening process today | Here’s how it will work
These are the coronavirus hot spots in Georgia
These are the guidelines restaurants will need to follow to reopen in Georgia
Source: Thanks https://www.11alive.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/escobar-restaurant-opens-monday/85-f0e676e8-d621-49cd-ac84-9d6bdfbf71c2