With the UK remaining firmly in lockdown, restaurants and fast-food chains around the country are helping the nation out with some delicious recipes.
So far McDonald’s has shared the secret behind its famous breakfast McMuffin, while Greggs has been posting tutorials to show fans how to make its steak and chicken bakes, as well as its Sausage, Bean and Cheese Melt.
And now Pizza Express has shared the recipe we’ve all been waiting for, the Fiorentina.
It comes after the restaurant shared its famous and simple Margherita recipe with fans.
However, it’s “the one with the egg in the middle” that every really wants to know about.
The longstanding menu favourite has often been at the centre of debate, but despite its controversial topping pizza fans have been calling for the pizzeria to release the recipe.
This is probably due to the fact there aren’t many things better than the heavenly combination of spinach, black olives and Parmesan cheese with a drizzle of garlic oil and gooey yolk goodness.
If this recipe sounds like something you’d like to try, here’s everything you need to make it.
And what’s more, you don’t have to make your own base as Pizza Express have made things easy for you.
Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 10-11 mins | Makes: 1 classic pizza
1 Pizza Express Margherita pizza
Handful of cooked or blanched spinach
7grms of Parmesan cheese (if you have it, otherwise an alternative cheese is fine)
6-7 olives (black work best)
Pinch of oregano
Pinch of black pepper
Drizzle of garlic oil (olive oil will also work)
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C
2. Open your Pizza Express retail margherita pizza
3. Place on to your baking tray
4. Remove a small amount of cheese from the middle of the pizza to make a circular space for your egg
5. Place black olives around the edges of your pizza base
6. Place spinach around the pizza leaving the middle empty for your egg
7. Season with oregano and black pepper
8. Sprinkle some garlic oil over the top
9. Crack the egg in the middle of the pizza. Tip: For a perfectly cooked yolk, sprinkle some olive oil over the egg before cooking. If you prefer it well done, break the yolk before placing the pizza in to the oven.
10. Bake in the oven at 180°C for 10-11 mins (keeping a close eye on your pizza to get a perfectly cooked egg)
11. Finish with some grated Parmesan cheese
Source: Thanks https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink/how-make-pizza-express-famed-4086101