Average calories present in a cheese pizza – nutritional facts, pros and cons& |  Photo Credit: iStock Images
- Pizza is a popular dish and a snack among people of all ages
- If prepared with the right ingredients, pizza can be a healthy food option
- Here is what you need to know about the nutritional value and average calories present in a cheese pizza
New Delhi: Did you know? A small sized pizza is called a pizzetta. Originating from Italy, pizza has become a prominent food choice for kids and adults over time. It comes in various shapes, sizes and preparation methods. One ingredient that binds it together is its cheesiness and savoury taste. However, people who decide to go on a weight control diet often worry about cutting back on delicious food such as pizza. However, restricting calories to lose weight does not necessarily require one to give up on all of their favourite foods.
Average calories in a cheese Pizza
The calories present in a pizza can vary as several factors can contribute to it. Some of the factors include its method of preparation, the ingredients used and the portion prepared. But the question still stays. How many average calories are present in a pizza?
According to the data provided by USDA, a slice (107 g) of a regular-sized cheese pizza contains about 285 calories.
Its nutritional facts are as follows:
Advantages of pizza consumption
- One of the main ingredients of pizza is cheese. Cheese provides several health benefits as it is a source of protein, calcium and vitamin B12.
- Consumption of pizza in moderation can healthily help one gain weight as it is rich in protein.
- Pizza is easily customizable and healthy preparation can make it a healthy snack option.
- Tomato sauce is another important ingredient of pizza. This can have benefits for the body as tomato is a rich source of antioxidants.
Disadvantages of pizza consumption
- Depending on the method of preparation, a pizza can include an unhealthy amount of salt, fat and calories. This can contribute to weight gain and can further render any weight control plan futile.
- Unhealthy weight gain can lead to various health issues such as obesity, respiratory problems and cardiovascular diseases.
- Unmoderated consumption of pizza can lead to increased risks of developing chronic health issues.
- Preparation methods of pizza by fast-food chains are usually unhealthy due to their use of unhealthy fats, colourings and preservatives.
How to make pizza healthy
- Making use of healthy ingredients that include more vegetables, fruits and healthy lean meat.
- Customizing the dough and preparing it with whole grain.
- Eating portions of pizza in moderation.
- Making use of different preparation recipes, including vegan pizza recipes.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.
Source: Thanks https://www.timesnownews.com/health/article/average-calories-are-present-in-a-pizza-nutritionals-facts-pros-and-cons/677251