GREEKTOWN — Greektown is hosting its first restaurant week as restaurants try to recover from the coronavirus pandemic.
Greektown Restaurant Week runs through Sunday with 10 participating restaurants.
The inaugural event coincides with a monthlong celebration honoring the 200th anniversary of Greek Independence Day on March 25, said George Reveliotis, a Greektown special service area commissioner and owner of Artopolis Bakery, Cafe and Agora.
Reveliotis said the 200th anniversary provided “an opportunity to have this Greektown Restaurant Week. It’s really important, especially now more than ever, to highlight the various merchants and restaurants … .”
Reveliotis said said his business is “down 50 to 60 percent” in sales. Despite the difficulties of the past year, he is optimistic.
“It’s an opportunity to tell everyone, ‘Hey, we are still here and we look forward to great things coming in the future,” Reveliotis said.
As part of the event, restaurants and merchants have specials for the week. The Greektown special service area is offering a $50 gift certificate to customers who spend $200 or more, Reveliotis said.
- 9 Muses Bar & Grill, 315 S. Halsted St., 312-902-9922: Free avgolemono soup with the purchase of a dinner entrée. Valid for dine-in and carryout orders.
- Aodake Ramen, 810 W. Jackson Blvd., 312-985-8818: $35 meal for two, including one appetizer, two ramen and one dessert. Valid for dine-in and carryout orders.
- Artopolis Bakery, Cafe and Agora, 306 S. Halsted St., 312-559-9000: 10 percent off Artopitas all day; complimentary Fix beer with purchase of gyro platter after 3 p.m. Valid for dine-in and carryout orders.
- Athena Restaurant, 212 S. Halsted St., 312-655-0000: Free saganaki with any entree order. Valid for dine-in only.
- Dugan’s, 128 S. Halsted St., 312-421-7191: Half-price Guinness beer 4-8 p.m. Friday. Valid for dine-in only.
- Greek Islands Restaurant, 200 S. Halsted St., 312-782-9855: 50 percent off bottles of wine and beer. Valid for dine-in and carryout orders.
- Mr. Greek Gyros, 234 S. Halsted St., 312-906-8731: Buy two dinners and receive two free 16-ounce fountain drinks. Valid for dine-in and carryout orders.
- Primo’s Chicago Pizza, 816 W. Van Buren St., 312-243-1052: Free drink with a $6 slice of pizza. Valid for dine-in and carryout orders.
- Spectrum Bar & Grill, 233 S. Halsted St., 312-715-0770: Buy one dinner entrée and get the second 50 percent off, limit one pair per customer. Valid for dine-in and carryout orders.
- Taco Burrito King, 811 W. Jackson Blvd., 312-831-0400: $5.29 special on Mexican tortas. Valid for dine-in and carryout orders.
Orders must be placed directly from participating restaurants, not third-party delivery apps.
More information can be found online.
Subscribe to Block Club Chicago. Every dime we make funds reporting from Chicago’s neighborhoods.
Already subscribe? Click here to support Block Club with a tax-deductible donation.
Source: Thanks https://blockclubchicago.org/2021/03/01/eat-your-way-through-greektown-during-neighborhoods-1st-restaurant-week/