Food items to avoid eating to prevent summer acne&
Summer has arrived! And, with it, unfortunately, so has summer acne, blackheads, whiteheads and what not. During hot and humid days, some people tend to get acne flare-ups more than usual due to the constant sweat, humidity and harsh sunlight. And since we cannot do much about the weather, we must make some lifestyle changes or improve our skincare routine to get rid of summer acne. Soft, smooth and supple skin is something we all desire for but most of us, unfortunately, are not blessed with one. And the food choices that we make on a daily basis, like what to add to our diet, what we do not eat and when to have your meal makes a huge difference in one’s skin condition. By avoiding certain food items, you can bid adieu to breakouts and say hello to beautiful skin.
Use this skincare guide to get the skin you always desired for. Throw away these food items
- Dairy products: Milk, cheese and other dairy products can trigger acne if it doesn’t suit you. And, over the years, many studies have found a link between milk products and acne. So, if you feel that after having a glass of milk or a cheese-filled wrap, you are experiencing acne flare-up, avoid eating or drinking dairy products.
- Sugary items: Several studies have suggested in the past that people who frequently consume sugar in large quantity are at a greater risk of developing acne. And this could be because of the effects refined carbohydrates have on blood sugar and insulin levels.
- White rice or bread: If your diet is full of white rice, white bread and white noodles, you might end up with a face full of acne. As food items that are full of sugar and carbohydrates tend to get into the blood really quickly and affect blood sugar levels.
- Processed or fast food: Since they are full of calories, fat and refined carbohydrates, fast food and canned items tend to cause acne, especially in people who have sensitive skin
- Nuts: Since some nuts are rich in omega-6 fatty acids, it’s best to eat them in less quantity and not binge-eat on them.
- Seaweed: Since seaweed is rich in iodine, it may trigger acne. The recommended daily allowance for adults for iodine is 150 milligrams per day.
- Deep-fried or oily food: It goes without saying that we must avoid oily food, not just to reduce weight and stay healthy but also to have good skin.
- Use non-comedogenic moisturisers on your face and neck
- Apply aloe vera gel on your face if you experience redness or inflammation
- Do not touch your face with dirty hands
- Use good sunscreen while heading out
- Take shower after working out or coming home in sweaty clothes
- Do not use harsh skin care products
- Do not share face masks as they can trigger acne
- Add an astringent to your skin care regime
- Exfoliate your skin regularly and use a mild scrub to get rid of dead cells and other imperfections
- Add an exfoliating cleanser to your summer routine
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a professional healthcare provider if you have any specific questions about any medical matter.
Source: Thanks https://www.timesnownews.com/life-style/article/food-items-to-avoid-eating-to-prevent-summer-acne/746224